We do our best to bring a wide variety of great speakers to the Shingo Conference and we’ve managed to get some great ones over the years. One of the keynote speakers on the agenda for the 30th Shingo Conference is one you might not expect. She will bring a unique perspective to the topic of process improvement as someone who has spent her entire life striving for improvement and overcoming adversity from unexpected and frightening sources.
If you follow gymnastics, you’ll probably recognize the name Shannon Miller from her long list of victories during the 1990s, including seven(!) Olympic medals. If you don’t recognize that name, what you’ll want to know for this conference is that she is a powerful speaker who will share her experiences and insights on striving for continuous improvement and overcoming very real threats not just to her career but to her very life. See her video preview.
In addition to Ms. Miller’s keynote, there will be an impressive line-up of other keynote speakers you’ll want to hear:
- Mark Russell, President and COO of Worthington Industries
- Jack Helmboldt, President of Denso Manufacturing Tennessee
- Shannon Miller, 7-time Olympic Medalist in gymnastics
- Terry Glubka, CEO of Sutter Health’s Surgery Center Division
- Gwendolyn Galsworth, President of Visual Thinking, Inc.
- Robert Martichenko, CEO of LeanCor Supply Chain Group
- Matt Johanson, SVP of Discover Financial
- and several other prominent leaders in continuous improvement
This year’s conference is a special one because it marks 30 years of Shingo Conferences on operational excellence. During the conference awards gala, there will be various Shingo awards presented to recipient companies, including:
- MassMutual, CFO and MMUS Operations of Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
- Cardinal Health, Quiroproductos de Cuauhtemoc, S. de R.L. de C.V. of Quauhtemoc, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Lear Corp. of Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Visteon Electronics Tunisia of Bir El Bey, Tunis, Tunisia
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Vilnius of Vilnius, Lithuania
- Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain Facility of Sligo, Ireland
The Shingo Conference includes opportunities for you to connect with like-minded professionals in a highly productive yet social atmosphere. You can develop beneficial relationships and an understanding of the Shingo Model™, which helps make continuous improvement a sustainable reality.
Conference week (April 8-13) will look like this:
Sun. – Tues. – Pre-conference Workshops (some include site tours)
Tuesday evening – Awards Gala
Wed. – Thurs. – Main Conference
Fri. – Post-conference Site Tours
Past attendees of the conference have reported numerous benefits from attending. To maximize these benefits, it’s always best to bring three or more leaders and/or managers to the event. Experience has shown that this maximizes the likelihood that the principles learned at the conference will be incorporated in the culture, behaviors and systems of your organization.