In this survey, we asked executives about 24 practical actions most important to the successful implementation of an organizational transformation. Below are the specific actions in order of their impact (from greatest to least) on the likelihood of a transformation’s success, according to the results.
1. Senior managers communicate openly about the transformation’s progress and success
2. Everyone can see how her/his work relates to the organization’s vision
3. Leaders model the behavior changes they ask employees to make
4. All personnel adapt their day-to-day capacity to changes in customer demand
5. Senior managers communicate openly about the transformation’s implications for individuals’ day-to-day work
6. Everyone is actively engaged in identifying errors before they reach customers